Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ya this is Hollywood...

Holy shit I have got some catching up to do!! I'm sorry guys I got into Venice beach and they charge money for the stupid internet here and I haven't had the motivation to get on here and post for a couple days. Now where was I?

Holy shit so San Diego wound up being soooooo AWESOME!! I mean the whole "I don't want to drink too much on this trip" thing is completely shattered but it was a wonderful time. The second night there there was a pub crawl and it was basically me and about 10 girls from all over the friggin place. Couldn't complain about that even when we emptied the karaoke bar and I dropped a ten dollar double bourbon and coke on the floor. Anyway I survived that night and wound up going to the beach the next day with the lovely Helena and My. Helena is from Germany and My was Swedish and they were both the cutest and sweetest girls ever. Had a blast at the beach and when I got back all those Irish fucks made fun of my sunglass coon eyes. Ya I forgot the sunscreen but it has since shifted into a tasteful and attractive bronzing...still got coon eyes though. That night we had trivia in the common area and I was on a team of English people and we lost by one frigging point! Clubs after that and the whole thing started again but many great friends and wonderful people. Oh and I was able to apologize to the girl about the dubstep comments and she totally forgave me but subjected me to an extremely long-winded and awful history lesson in dubstep and how her friends invented it and people don't understand the musical intricacies of blah blah blah holy shit I don't care! I was polite and nodded however and found myself in the good graces of the hostel staff once again. Good times in general.

So I left San Diego and actually brought a friend. Alex ze German asked if he could hitch a ride to Venice beach and I obliged. Super cool guy but it was funny because I didn't figure out what his name was until we were half way to LA. So we get in the first night and go on a fantastic pub crawl with these Norwegian chicks that culminated in yet another shitshow of a night. And then yesterday Alex and I wanted to grab a quick happy hour drink and wander into some cantina featuring something or another and shrimp tacos and I hear "Hey Bulldog!!" as a response to my red Georgia hat I was proudly wearing. It turns out these guys are from Atlanta Chris Clark and Kyle Tekiela and they know Goldie and Molly and everyone back home! So they take me to this random ass block party and I wind up drinking beer with this dude claiming he was the sound engineer for Ray Charles and he tells me I need to get in touch with him after I finish my trip and he'll help me get a book published. Obviously raining bullshit all over the place but it was still cool. Then I find out the house we're at is the guy from 10 Things I hate about You...not Inception dude but the guy that was the douchebag bad guy in the movie. Guy's all hippied out with a fucking satchel but it was still a trip to be drinking at a movie star's house. So by this point I haven't eaten and I'm starving so I grab a sandwich and go upstairs ready to chill for a bit and get pulled into yet another friggin' pubcrawl with these lovely Irish ladies and this French girl who knew about 3 words in English. She was a sweetheart though and I had to help her order beers and stuff at the club. Oh and I haven't even mentioned that Venice Beach is a TRIP!!! Crazy people everywhere...bunch of street performers and crazy folks selling shit and on acid and dragging about this place is delightfully weird. Oh ya and last night after getting back from the bar I almost saw a damn bum fight in front of the hostel. This place is so different but I'm still loving life although at this point my liver is starting to hate me. July 4th tomorrow and I have no plans but I have a feeling something will pop up...it seems to be happening a lot lately! Maybe Hollywood next for a night before I go back to the wild for a couple days before San Fran. Oh and I just found out I have to be back to Atlanta to move by the 8th so my trip might be cut a bit short. Oh well such is life...I'll be back on when I get somewhere that has free frigging Wifi!!!!! Ciao beeches!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment