Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ain't no flowers in my hair but I'm here!

So I have come out of the woods and I am in San Francisco! Once again I'm a little behind due to asssorted retardaries and being lost in the wilderness Kerouac style so I'll try to get back up to speed.

So I had to get the F outta LA...the bullshit and the people and the partying was seriously starting to wear on me. I wound up spending the 4th with these Dutch chicks and after hanging with these Swiss dudes the Canadians wanted to meet up and I started to feel like the fucking U.N.!!! So I skipped Hollywood except for checking out the Getty Museum which was absolutely AMAZING!! They have 4 Monets, a bunch of Degas, and the most beautiful Van Gogh painting I've ever seen. Chilled there for a while and then shot up to Santa Barbara largely just to get a motel and clean up my car and myself and plan out some stuff. After that it was on to Big Sur. Stopped at the Hearst castle for a bit which was the most opulently obnoxious frigging place I've ever payed $25 to look around. The view was pretty breathtaking but the house is largely a massive monument to some eccentric trustfund baby assbag that had to come up with stuff to do with his money so he built this rediculous mansion on top of a mountain so everyone would be impressed by him. Honestly there was some cool art but fuck that guy...I'm glad Orson Welles made Citizen Kane and talked shit.

So I camped out for a night and headed on up the coast. Highway 1 is freaking INCREDIBLE...basically as you're driving every 5 minutes you're blown away by something else. Cliffs and mountains and rocks and God knows what else are just everywhere and you're driving along the Pacific ocean and it's just humbling to see some of the stuff that is on this Earth. It's hard to describe and paint a picture of the country out here. You really have to see it...or look at pictures I guess so GFGI you lazy fucks!! After a gorgeous morning drive I got to Big Sur proper (Big Sur basically comprises a bunch of state parks along the coast from San Simeon all the way up to Monterrey) and camped in Andrew Molera State Park. I had a healthy hike along the coast and up a mountain which provided the best view I've had of the world in a while and then camped out. I was thinking of staying another night but the cold combined with the $25-$35 a night camping fee pushed me Northward to Monterrey and Santa Cruz where I went on a busted excursion to find Big Basin Redwood Park and said F it and carried on to visit my bestest buddies in the whole wide California Collin and Stephanie. Ahhh...a shower and a mattress not surrounded by Europeans is quite the luxury at this point. Loving life as always my friends. And I think I almost have it figured out what I might do when I return to the real world so maybe I'll come back from this with the whole reason I did it. Okie doke well I think Collin and I are going to hit the beach shortly (I know...I didn't know there were beaches here either. I'm sure as shit not getting in the water) and try to not look like a gay couple. I should be able to post a little more frequently since they have internet and I ain't paying for it! Farewell and Godspeed brahs and brahdettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment