Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm making these hills my bitch...

So San Francisco is an absolutely beautiful town but it is freaking cold here! How in the hell is it July and it feels like Georgia in November. Freaking weird weather...maybe that's why all the people are so weird. Of course the weather was lovely in Venice and those people were major freaks. Oh the strange people out here are the best tourist trap. In any case I got in last Friday and largely chilled for the first couple days because I wanted to hang with Collin and Stephanie while they were both available. We downed some serious celebratory tequila shots Friday and Saturday I did laundry(was running dangerously low on undies) and took care of some biznass and Sunday we had a cookout with the neighbors...healthy stuff for sure. Monday I decided to start in on the touristy stuff. Oh and the freaking boat to Alcatraz is booked up until next Tuesday!!! What the balls that sucked but maybe I can be a stowaway and ironically sneak onto the island...naaaa it ain't quite worth that but I may see if there's a cancellation or something. But ya wandered around Fisherman's Wharf and got some noodles in Chinatown and skipped through Ghirardelli Square and did acid in Golden Gate Park and yada yada yada it was a lovely day and I think I walked a marathon.

So my Tuesday was awesome!!! So this whole thing about the wineries is freaking great!! I was really intimidated by the idea at first but after a lot of procrastination I finally balled up and just went inside one and asked to try their stuff and I started slamming chardonnays. Fun fun day and oh by the way if you ever have a major urge to blow a shitload of money skip Vegas and go to Napa. Everything is delicious and you try the stuff and you immediately feel like you should at least get a bottle. I got a few bottles and even popped one to go with the steaks Collin and I had for dinner. All in all a healthy day but I spent too much damn money on wine and woke up with a headache this morning. Ain't the first time! In any case I really am enjoying San Francisco...this whole town is just incredibly attractive and clean and I've been eating well. I'm really hoping we can get out to Yosemite this weekend but Collin doesn't know if he can make it since he may have to work. Totally lame but we'll see what happens. Okie doke I'll post again soon hopefully when I have a few more interesting anecdotes and musings. Farewell and blah blah blah.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment