Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Holy Shit I'm Behind...

(Written on a pad of paper a few days ago)

So I left Seattle after some strange adventures. That Kiwi I mentioned actually turned out to be an Australian and we wound up hanging out for a couple days and I actually stayed in Seattle an extra day to check out the EMP (experience Music Project) which had this massive exhibit about Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix and all these rooms where you could play instruments and it was definitely another one of my nerdgasms...total blast and was interesting as shit. So Steve the Aussie and I go rage that shit and then say fuck it and take a ferry ride over to Bainbridge island which I knew nothing about. It turns out they have a shitload of really good wine over there and my mission to obtain Pinot Grigio for Dad was finally a success! Well...mostly. So I buy a bunch of wine on the island and we say "shit we better go catch the ferry" and run down and miss it by like a minute. At that point we had 45 minutes to kill and once again, as I have so many times on this trip, said "fuck it" and I pushed the cork in to one of Dad's bottles and we commenced to sit on the curb in the parking lot and got wino shitfaced like hobos...it was definitely one of the classier experiences so far. Anyway Steve was cool as hell and was also doing an extended tour of Geography only his is literally around the world. Now that shit's intense yet a very favorable challenge.

So I pressed onward and my next stop was to be Glacier National Park. I did not have a place to stay there but figured I'd figure something out. Instead I hollered at the awesome and glorious Elizabeth Sutton because I thought she knew people up there. She responds and gives me her friend Holly's number who I call and introduce myself. She tells me they're out of town but gives me the address and says for me to just go on in and make myself at home...the door's open. Hahaha wow really? Well hell so I plugged their address in my GPS, ride on up, go inside and crash in these people's house like I lived there! They are definitely the nicest and most laid back people on the planet. And then the neighbors saw me and I explained the situation and they invited me for dinner! There are some very nice people in Montana. Glacier was freaking GORGEOUS by the way. I know ya'll are getting sick of hearing that but Glacier was definitely the most mind-blowing thing I've seen. And there was still 3 feet of snow on the ground!! Craziness but I got some amazing pictures and had a wonderful day up there. I then returned to Whitefish where Holly and Andy had returned and they took me to another neighbor's house and i wound up drinking beer with the great-grandson of Casey Jones...the coked up train guy from the Grateful Dead song!! Celebrity number 2...check. Helluva time up there and my eternal gratitude to Holly and Andy. If they ever find themselves in Atlanta and would like to sleep in my living room they are definitely set with beers on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment