Sunday, June 26, 2011

Things I've Learned...

So I can't come up with my usual witty banter about random encounters and musings relished on this journey so I decided to construct a list of some of the things I've learned since leaving the wonderful state of Georgia. I'll likely update this list regurly as I am constantly learning interesting things necessary for survival and I have no one around to make the joke to. It's like being in a perpetual bad movie and I keep thinking of funny stuff to comment on and then I just talk to myself and laugh quietly and the people in the next car think I'm crazy.

1.Beau Rivage Blackjack dealers are really nice and helpful while they're taking your money.
2. Houston actually has a hostel and it sucks balls. Sorry I'm not paying money to sleep on a couch no matter how drunk I am.
3. Someone should construct an "American Hipster Town Tour" and you would get to see a shitload of amazing and beautiful places full of fedoras and Converses.
4. Austin...I never thought I'd fall in love with a whore that kicked my ass like that.
5. There's like 100 different kinds of Mexican food...and Taco Bell is delicious everywhere.
6. Carlsbad is basically a really big and dusty trailer park.
7. New Mexico is an even bigger and dustier trailer park.
8. Nothing is ever open in Marfa, Texas.
9. Going on bike rides is fun after you're 8...and they are difficult to ride drunk at 3 in the morning but you won't go to jail (watch now I'm gonna get charged with a BUI and go to jail.)
10. Vienna sausage is the shit when you're camping...don't think about it just get it down and take a vitamin.
11. Gay pride parades are funny as hell but I probably wouldn't go to one on purpose.
12. It is hot as FUCK out here!!
13. There's a talk show on Sirus Radio called "Whore Talk." That's just hilarious to me..."Hey Dick did you hear the Regular Guys this morning?" " Naw man I only listen to Whore Talk on the way into work."
14. Power naps work.

That's all I can think of at this point but I might make this an ongoing feature in the Dickedge chronicles. Tomorrow I go to the graetest and most celebrated hole in the ground on Earth...the Grand Canyon!!! Everyone says I'm gonna shit my pants when I see it which I hope isn't true because that would make the hike down decidedly uncomfortable I'm sure. Buenos Noches Mi Capitans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment